BPO outsourcing is a business activity in which one organization employs another company to conduct a process task required by the hiring organization for the efficient operation of its own company. For two main fields of work, companies participate in business process outsourcing: back-office functions and front-office functions.
TYPES OF BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING
- Offshore outsourcing: when a company contract for services from a company in another country.
- Onshore outsourcing: when a company contracts for services from a company located in the same country as the recruitment firm.
- Nearshore outsourcing: when a company contracts for services from companies in neighboring countries.
CATEGORIES OF BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING
- knowledge process outsourcing KPO: when an outsource service provider is employed not only to conduct a specific business process and have expertise.
- Legal process outsourcing LPO: focuses on legal services, ranging from drafting and conducting legal documents and research to providing legal services.
- Research process outsourcing RPO: refers to research and analysis functions.
BENEFITS OF BPO
- Cost reduction
- Professional call center agents
- Advanced technology
- 24/7 live operators
- Focus on core duties
- Global scope
- Increase productivity
HOW TO START A BPO
Business process outsourcing business is a growing industry in which lots of industries want to outsource their non core activities to, which creates a lot of opportunity for the growing and new BPO companies.
There are some of specialised areas in call center outsourcing services operates:
- Inbound or outbound call center services.
- Market research.
- Data entry.
- Human resource management.
- Payments or claims processing.
- Customer and other back-office services.
- Digital marketing and e-commerce.
These are some of the steps to look into to start a bpo company
DETERMINE THE TYPE OF BPO YOU WANT
When setting up a business process outsourcing BPO company , you need to have a deep knowledge of the call center outsourcing solution company you are about to set up and also have some expertises to run the business together. Specializing in a particular field help you to determine:
- The type of BPO industry you want to set up
- The activities the BPO company will undertake
- The clients the BPO company will do business with.
BPO services are mostly involved in the following services
- Taking care of medical costs and claims
- Professionals handle both inbound and outbound calls
- Website design and SEO services
- Services for data entry
BPO business can be expanded by one of these ways
- Horizontal BPO :BPO services that can be used in a various industries example IT, Retail industry
- Vertical BPO :BPO area of service to a particular industry example the activities of medical coding and billing are unique to the healthcare industry.
It is required to have professional and specialized skills in setting up a BPO.
To excel and have great edges in operating in a BPO call center services company is having a good business plan. The business plan should be well researched, broad and competitive. Also you need to look at what other companies are doing. The business plan should be inclusive of the following:
- Determine the structure of your company.
- Sales forecasts
- business budgets, objectives and investments
- Creating awareness for marketing and promotional activities.
The BPO business plan needs to be updated and reviewed regularly in order to meet up with the current market trends.
NECESSARY EQUIPMENTS AND TECHNOLOGY
BPO business need to invest in some equipment which will be useful for the business such as office space and furniture, good computers, a high-speed internet connection, workforce management tools, reliable telephone lines, office supplies such as software that integrates with your business tools, call conferencing and monitoring software, recording system, good headsets, communication tools etc. Business process outsourcing needs to also invest in outsourced IT support jersey technology such as cloud computing, social media and automation to reduce costs and accelerate growth.
DO NECESSARY PAPERWORK
When your BPO business plan is ready, the next step is to do all necessary paperwork for setting up the company which varies from country to country. You need to register company with the necessary authorities, pay your tax etc and maybe a legal consultant can be hired to do the paperwork
HIRING STAFFS AND TRAINING
As a new BPO company, you need to hire some contact center outsourcing staff in order to kick up the business.Since the business there is no need to hire a lot of staff, you can start with you can hire about 5 -15 full-time professionals. Since they’re experienced, they can easily help scale up your company easily and also attracts more staff as the company expands. How to hire staff to your BPO company. The tasks they are supposed to complete. Such the required qualifications, what your business is all about,what role does this work play in their lives?.
After narrowing down the task for the staff needed , advertise in your local newspaper as well as on the internet on local job sites like linkedin, angel etc. look for people who know how to talk and listen to customers while doing other tasks, offer short coaching sessions for both full-time and part-time hires.
PROMOTING AND MARKETING YOUR BUSINESS
There is a need to market your BPO company so as to get more clients to patronise the outsourced call center company which will make the business keep progressing.
- Build a good and user friendly website for your company
- Social media such as : Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social platforms.
In summary, you need to look into your specialised area of setting up a bpo which includes setting up a perfect business plan, doing all necessary paperwork, investing in tools, technology etc. Business Process Outsourcing services guarantee that you can make a lot of money and achieve great results.